I mentioned in a previous post that I use music to get into my characters’ heads. And, as I’m writing/plotting from the perspective of high school students, it behooves me to listen to what (I think) they’re listening to.
After all, when in Rome and all that.
Anyway, I thought it might be fun to list what my Pandora Teeny-Bopper station has been playing for the last hour or so, if for no other reason than to laugh about it in a few years. So here it is, in reverse order (the artist is in parentheses):
- The Anthem (Good Charlotte)
- Kissin U (Miranda Cosgrove)
- Ignorance (Paramore)
- Breathe (Michelle Branch)
- Float On (Modest Mouse)
- Bite My Tongue (Reliant K)
- Stay Awake (All Time Low)
- His Girl Friday (The Academy Is…)
- High School Never Ends (Bowling for Soup)
- Nobody’s Home (Avril Lavigne)
- Human (The Killers)
- Such Great Heights (The Postal Service)
- Kids (MGMT)
It’s an eclectic list. But looking at it, I can kind of understand why I feel a bit schizophrenic when I’m writing/plotting. A playlist like this makes me want to ask myself. “How old are you, again?”
Maybe it’s just keeping me young. That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway.